The best distance-to-line tool, ever.
The ProStart, is specifically designed, from the ground up, to give you the easiest, most accurate distance to line measurements ever.
Setting the line is as simple as telling your crew to press the boat button as you sail by the RC and then the pin button as you sail by the pin.
Once you’ve pinged both ends of the line, the ProStart uses the latest WAAS-augmented GPS technology to spit out an accurate distance to line measurement every half-second.
Sailing World called the ProStart "Possibly the greatest electronic racing gadget of this decade,” and Practical Sailor gave it their prestigious Editor's Choice award.
Speed & Heading.
Focus on the fundamentals.
Ten seconds after your start, the ProStart automatically switches to showing your GPS speed (SOG) and heading (COG). The accuracy and responsiveness of the speed measurements make the ProStart an unparalleled tool for optimizing your boatspeed.
Since SOG and COG describe your course over the bottom (where the marks are anchored) the ProStart is also an extremely powerful tool for determining the influence of current on your performance. When you cross a tideline, the numbers on the ProStart jump and you can instantly see how favorable the new current is.
Flashback to glory.
It's hard to find a sailor, be it an Opti kid or an Olympic Gold Medalist who doesn’t get a kick out of seeing how fast they went.
With the ProStart you can recall your session’s absolute maximum and best 10 second average speeds with the click of a single clearly-marked button.
A countdown you can count on.
Start signals have a way of going off at the least convenient times. With the ProStart, when you hear or see any type of start signal it’s the always the same drill: just hit the GUN button. If the timer isn’t running, it will start. If the timer is running it will sync.
Synced to the wrong signal? No problem; the ProStart lets you independently adjust the number of minutes on the timer while the seconds keep on rolling.
GPS Data Logging.
In addition to providing you real-time, on-the-water data, the ProStart constantly records your speed, heading and position to keep a running log of your most recent 30 hours of sailing. Once you get back to shore you can download this data to your Mac or PC and create race replay animations.
- Speed Accuracy: ±0.2 Knots
- Heading Resolution: 1°
- Display Update Rate: 2Hz (once every 0.5s)
- Water Resistance: 3m / 10 ft (IPX-8)
- Display: 30mm / 1.18” digit height 120° viewing cone
- Data Logger: Lat, Long, Time, Speed, and Heading recorded at 0.5 Hz (once every 2s), 30hr capacity. Data download is compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 and Windows
- Batteries: 3 x AA 20+ hr endurance, rechargeable or disposable
- Dimensions: 120mm x 175mm x 40mm / 4.72” x 6.89” x 1.57”
- Weight Including Batteries: 448g / 0.99lb
- Bracket Compatibility: Velocitek ProStart Mast Bracket or any Tacktick Micro Compass bracket.
- GPS Chipset: u-blox LEA-5M
- Warranty: One year
- Velocitek ProStar
- Mounting cradle (compatible with Velocitek Mast Bracket or any Tacktick Micro Compass bracket)
- USB cable
- Two Velocitek stickers
- Top button label stickers
- Quick Start Guide
- Nylon storage sleeve