This online course is delivered by Above & Beyond Boating, who are an Australian RYA Training Centre.
What is in this online course?
- The basics of navigation, including tidal awareness, charts, almanacs, and the use of electronic aids such as GPS
- Harbour entry and departure pilotage techniques
- How to recognise buoyage on charts and on the water
- Collision regulations
- Weather sources and information including local apps and websites
- How to plan a passage
- Safety equipment to carry and how it should be used
The course takes around 8 hours in total to complete, but it is structured so you can take it at your own pace.
Previous Knowledge & Experience
No previous experience is required, as the course begins at the foundation level of all of the key concepts to make sure nothing is missed.
Certificate / Qualification
On successful completion, you will receive the RYA Essential Navigation & Seamanship Certificate.